Subject: Bug#830: QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous shortcut overload: Ctrl+Q

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:02:41 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.4.0
Severity: minor

This mail's subject says it all: QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous  
shortcut overload: Ctrl+Q.

When hitting Ctrl+Q in X2Go Client, I would expect X2Go Client to  
close. However, it only throws the above message on the underlying  
terminal if launched from one.

Greets,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:35:08 +0100

Control: tag -1 pending
Control: fixed -1 4.0.4.0
Control: thanks

> terminal if launched from one.

You do, and you should! This is why I fixed this in
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commitdiff;h=52040031502662dfff00f4b0fbbccebf66367f6a

Tagging as pending.

Mihai

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 13:10:22 +0000

Hi Mihai,

> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commitdiff;h=52040031502662dfff00f4b0fbbccebf66367f6a

it is good to mark the bug as fixed in the changelog file in a case like this.

I have just done that.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:42:36 +0100

> it is good to mark the bug as fixed in the changelog file in a case

I haven't because I try to view debian/changelog as read-only history
and - whenever possible - make no changes or only cosmetic changes.
Especially when a bug is reported after a fix has been published, I
would have manually tagged the bug report as pending. Once the new
version of the specific component is released, I would also have
manually closed the affected bug number.

But I guess "rewriting a bit of history" is fine in this case,
especially since it makes sure the closure is not forgotten.

Mihai

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 07:15:32 +0000

> especially since it makes sure the closure is not forgotten.

In history, I guess the post-commit-closure of bugs saved me hours of  
contributable time.

Thus, I recommend, using the changelog for automatic bug closures,  
even if a bug got reported after the issue got already fixed in Vcs.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy: