Subject: shadow sessions inside nxagent sessions fail

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:10:54 +0000

Package: nxagent
Severity: important
Version: 3.5.0.29
Control: forwarded -1 https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/issues/6

We just tried to run cascaded sessions with one of them being a  
desktop sharing session:

(a) from client (host-A) launch X2Go session to a remote server (server-B)
(b) from X2Go session on server-B launch a remote desktop sharing  
session with :0 on remote
host-C

Result: a black nxagent window appears (inside the X2Go Session on  
server-B) that accepts mouse and keyboard input (which both arrive on  
host-C via desktop sharing). If I manage to move a window via the  
desktop sharing session, the black nxagent window does some screen  
updates, but no full view of the remotely shared desktop appears.

Further discussion see: https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/issues/6

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 19:44:25 +0000

Control: fixed -1 3.5.99.0
Control: tags -1 fixed-upstream

On  Mi 18 Mär 2015 17:10:54 CET, Mike Gabriel wrote:

> server-B) that accepts mouse and keyboard input (which both arrive  
> on host-C via desktop sharing). If I manage to move a window via the  

Just for the record, this issue is resolved on the 3.6.x branch. We  
solved it by building nxagent against X.Org libXdamage.

The fix for this issue is not easily backportabled to 3.5.x.

Greets,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/mailxchange/kronolith/fb.php?u=m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de