Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#820: Bug#820: Patch: x2goserver: x2goruncommand - set IMEXIT="true" for gnome-terminal

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 16:05:03 +0000

Hi all,

On  Di 17 Mär 2015 15:43:15 CET, Mihai Moldovan wrote:

> On 17.03.2015 11:09 AM, Rok Mandeljc wrote:
>> On 17. 03. 2015 07:02, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>> [...]
>>> I'll be adding IMEXIT="true" and your comment where gnome-terminal is
>>> defined, if that's OK with you?
>> If you are talking about the if [ "$cmd" == "TERMINAL" ] switch, then I
>> think it will not fix the case when session is "single command" and the
>> "gnome-terminal" is manually entered as a binary (with or without path).
>> I use such session definition on couple of workstations that have both
>> KDE and GNOME installed to get gnome-terminal instead of konsole... Not
>> sure how wide-spread that use case is, though; or if it could perhaps be
>> done better?
>
> Yes, you're right and that makes sense.
>
> As a side note, luckily, published applications are always handled with
> IMEXIT, so these are good.
>
>
>>> [...]
>>> N.B.: shouldn't this be also required for KDE4's konsole? Looks like it,
>>> but I'm not a KDE user, so... input welcome.
>> Capturing konsole's output to STDOUT seems to do the trick, at least at
>> the moment. So for now, it works correctly without setting IMEXIT.
>
> OK, thanks!

With gnome-terminal from GNOMEv2 IMEXIT needs to be false (because  
gnome-terminal (v2) does _not_ fork to background).

With gnome-terminal from GNOMEv3 IMEXIT needs to be true (because  
gnome-terminal (v3) forks to background).

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb