Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#820: Fwd: Patch: x2goserver: x2goruncommand - set IMEXIT="true" for gnome-terminal

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 07:02:31 +0100

Control: submitter -1 Rok Mandeljc <[email-masked]>
Thanks

On 17.03.2015 06:41 AM, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> I have been trying to set up x2goserver on my Fedora 21 boxes, and
> gnome-terminal seems to be failing with symptoms similar to those
> described in #268.
>
> It seems that x2goruncommand has been reworked a bit since that patch,
> and now attempts to force the forking programs to stay in the foreground
> by capturing their output to STDOUT. Unfortunately, this does not seem
> to work for gnome-terminal; the terminal window appears on the client
> for a second, then closes and the session is proclaimed to be finished.
> This can be fixed by explicitly setting IMEXIT="true" if called binary
> is gnome-terminal, which is done by the attached patch.

This looked weird at first glance, because you've previously (two years
ago) sent a patch to explicitly disable IMEXIT for GNOME Terminal.

However, Mike#1 changed the IMEXIT behavior with commit
c3afe1c154dfeb0ba052f7506f0cadc5f6c62871 and that's also why it's now
failing for GNOME Terminal.

I'll be adding IMEXIT="true" and your comment where gnome-terminal is
defined, if that's OK with you?

Will craft and commit a patch tomorrow.

Thanks for contributing!

Mihai

N.B.: shouldn't this be also required for KDE4's konsole? Looks like it,
but I'm not a KDE user, so... input welcome.