Subject: x2goserver from x2go ppa doesn't install due to unmet dependencies

From: Luís Filipe Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 12:33:14 +0000

Package: x2goserver

When I try to install x2goserver from x2go ppa on my ubuntu trusty
machine it fails:

# apt-get install x2goserver
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
x2goserver : Depends: x2goagent (>= 2:3.5.0.25-0~) but it is not going to
be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

# apt-get install x2goagent
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
x2goagent : Depends: nxagent (>= 2:3.5.0.29-0~592~ubuntu14.04.1)
            Depends: nxagent (< 2:3.5.0.29-0~592~ubuntu14.04.1.1)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

It seems that the recent upgrade of nx-libs on ppa to 3.5.0.29 version is
the root of the problem.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS, kernel 3.13.0-43-generic

Best regards

Luis Lucas