Subject: Bug#803: Numlock-state resets on first keypress after resume/start

From: Florian Wicke - Hetzner Online AG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 19:12:15 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.18-0x2go1+git20141006.949+jessie.main.1

Unfortunately i am NOT able to "synchronize" the local numlock status to
the client session in any way or even CHANGE the numlock status of the
usersession.
Clients running as thinclients with "x2gothinclient-displaymanager" from
heuler and everything is up2date with the "heuler" branch.

Desktop is XFCE but the same issue appears with KDE or LXDE.
Numlock-state saving is disabled - but should not be executed on resume
as far as i understand - just on starting a new session.

Even replacing "x2gosetkeyboard" with an empty "exit 0"-script does not
change this behavier (my first guess was the setxkbd resetting the
numlock state on keypress).

Any ideas how i can debug this further?

Steps to reproduce:

1. turn numlock off and verify with 'numlockx status' in the user session
2. start terminal with 'numlockx status'-loop like:
   while :; do sleep 1; numockx status; done
3. have a post-resume.d-script present with 'numlockx on'-command (with
correct DISPLAY set)
4. suspend session
(5. turn local numlock on)
6. resume session
7. see 'numlockx status' transists from "off" to "on" as executed from
the post-resume.d-script

but now the unexpected problem:

8. press ANY key on the keyboard
9. see 'numlockx status' transists to "off" again no matter what your
local keyboard is set.

Time between #7 and #8 does not matter - first keypress after resume
resets numlock.

Best Regards,

 Florian Wicke

Hetzner Online AG
Industriestr. 25
91710 Gunzenhausen
Phone: +49 9831 505-0
Fax: +49 9831 505-3
[email-masked]
http://www.hetzner.de

Registergericht Ansbach, HRB 3204
Vorstandsvorsitzender: Dipl. Ing. (FH) Martin Hetzner
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: Diana Rothhan