Subject: Same problem in Gentoo

From: Bernard Cafarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:34:11 +0200

iproute2 3.19.0 is stable on most important arches now, and also has the 
problem

If my git bisect went fine this is the commit where the command started 
returning nothing:

commit 9db7bf15e22b6a1b8bc09c4a1e29571cbca55c94
Author: Vadim Kochan <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sun Jan 4 22:18:40 2015 +0200

     ss: Filtering logic changing, with fixes

     This patch fixes some filtering combinations issues which does not
     work on the 'master' version:

         $ ss -4
         shows inet & unix sockets, instead of only inet sockets

         $ ss -u
         needs to specify 'state closed'

         $ ss src unix:*X11*
         needs to specify '-x' shortcut for UNIX family

         $ ss -A all
         shows only sockets with established states

     There might some other issues which was not observed.

     Also changed logic for calculating families, socket types and
     states filtering. I think that this version is a little simpler
     one. Now there are 2 predefined default tables which describes
     the following maping:

         family  -> (states, dbs)
         db      -> (states, families)

     Signed-off-by: Vadim Kochan <[email-masked]>

I have not used the ss command much, but this does indeed look like an 
iproute2 bug

-- 
Bernard Cafarelli (Voyageur)
Gentoo developer (NX, GNUstep, net-misc, llvm/clang, ...)