Subject: Ubuntu Server 14.04.2 PPA: Unresolvable Dependencies for x2goserver

From: Joe Gullo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 23:00:35 -0800

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.0-0~1214~ubuntu14.04.1

Package: x2goagent
Version: 2:3.5.0.29-0~489~ubuntu14.04.1

Package: nxagent
Version: 2:3.5.0.29-0~505~ubuntu14.04.1

Fully patched ubuntu server 14.04.2 server.  Using the x2go stable PPA.
When trying to install x2goserver, I get the following:

surfrock66@sr66-blade:~$ sudo apt-get install x2goserver x2goagent nxagent
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 nxagent : Depends: libxcomp3 (= 2:3.5.0.28-0~481~ubuntu14.04.1) but
2:3.5.0.29-0~591~ubuntu14.04.1 is to be installed
           Depends: libxcompext3 (= 2:3.5.0.28-0~481~ubuntu14.04.1) but it
is not going to be installed
           Depends: libxcompshad3 (= 2:3.5.0.28-0~481~ubuntu14.04.1) but it
is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
surfrock66@sr66-blade:~$ sudo dpkg -s libxcomp3 | grep Version; sudo dpkg
-s libxcompext3 | grep Version; sudo dpkg -s libxcompshad3 | grep Version
Version: 2:3.5.0.29-0~591~ubuntu14.04.1
Version: 2:3.5.0.29-0~591~ubuntu14.04.1
Version: 2:3.5.0.29-0~591~ubuntu14.04.1

Seems the PPA hosts x2goserver, which depends on x2goagent, which depends
on nxagent, which depends on these 3 libraries being downrevv'd.

Joe Gullo
Web Designer
http://www.surfrock66.com
[email-masked]
(714)926-0336
BTC: 1BsnULNMABRS8nPeMzywkxnfD5ZuRiESxu