Subject: Re: I reproduced it

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 07:32:53 -0500

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Oleksandr Shneyder
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hm, I think something has changed in Putty since I developed this
> feature. I didn't see this behavior earlier, when I used x2go client
> parallel to putty on my Windows machine. I'll check this.

I think we have always been using PuTTY 0.63 for this feature.

0.64 just came out, but I have not switched the X2Go Client for
Windows builds over to it. Nor have I tested it with X2Go Client for
Windows.

> There is no
> need to use plink any more anyway, since libssh used in Windows client
> has native GSSAPI support.

Are you sure? Windows uses Microsoft SSPI, not GSSAPI.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=microsoft%20sspi%20vs%20gssapi

> regards,
> Alex

If you want to rebuild libssh:

1. I have my settings for building libssh here:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient-contrib.git;a=blob;f=libssh/0.6.4-x2go1-mingw482_bin/CMake-Show-My-Changes.txt;h=66391e0cfebf4542938dcd71ab1b87dd9c03eca2;hb=HEAD

2. Rather than building 0.6.4 itself, you need to build 0.6.4 with
these patches. 3 of the patches are the 3 commits made immediately
after 0.6.4 released:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient-contrib.git;a=tree;f=libssh/0.6.4-x2go1-mingw482_src;h=a778703ad4118245b33e759d59b2fcb4fd370c37;hb=HEAD

3. The libssh developers recommend using the HEAD of the 0.6.x branch.
You would still apply the pageant patch from #2. I got the MinGW 4.8.2
patch upstreamed on this branch, so no need to apply that:
https://git.libssh.org/projects/libssh.git/log/?h=v0-6

4. #libssh on FreeNode has multiple developers who are very helpful.

-Mike#2

> Am 03.03.2015 um 13:59 schrieb Michael DePaulo:
>> I reproduced this bug on my system:
>>
>> X2Go Client for Windows 4.0.3.2-20150301-debug
>> Windows 10 64-bit (build 9926 with latest patches)
>>
>> I've CC'd the developer who added Windows Kerberos support, Alex.
>>
>> I've attached the "Sessions" registry key before and after. The test
>> session I created, uss-phoenix, was clearly deleted.
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY\Sessions\uss-phoenix\
>>
>> However, there is no indication in the debug log (attached) that the
>> Sessions key or its subkey was touched.
>>
>> I'll take a look at the x2goclient source code to figure out what is going on.
>>
>> -Mike#2
[...]