Subject: Bug#789: I reproduced it

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 07:59:24 -0500

I reproduced this bug on my system:

X2Go Client for Windows 4.0.3.2-20150301-debug
Windows 10 64-bit (build 9926 with latest patches)

I've CC'd the developer who added Windows Kerberos support, Alex.

I've attached the "Sessions" registry key before and after. The test
session I created, uss-phoenix, was clearly deleted.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY\Sessions\uss-phoenix\

However, there is no indication in the debug log (attached) that the
Sessions key or its subkey was touched.

I'll take a look at the x2goclient source code to figure out what is going on.

-Mike#2

---

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 07:32:53 -0500

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Oleksandr Shneyder
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hm, I think something has changed in Putty since I developed this
> feature. I didn't see this behavior earlier, when I used x2go client
> parallel to putty on my Windows machine. I'll check this.

I think we have always been using PuTTY 0.63 for this feature.

0.64 just came out, but I have not switched the X2Go Client for
Windows builds over to it. Nor have I tested it with X2Go Client for
Windows.

> There is no
> need to use plink any more anyway, since libssh used in Windows client
> has native GSSAPI support.

Are you sure? Windows uses Microsoft SSPI, not GSSAPI.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=microsoft%20sspi%20vs%20gssapi

> regards,
> Alex

If you want to rebuild libssh:

1. I have my settings for building libssh here:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient-contrib.git;a=blob;f=libssh/0.6.4-x2go1-mingw482_bin/CMake-Show-My-Changes.txt;h=66391e0cfebf4542938dcd71ab1b87dd9c03eca2;hb=HEAD

2. Rather than building 0.6.4 itself, you need to build 0.6.4 with
these patches. 3 of the patches are the 3 commits made immediately
after 0.6.4 released:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient-contrib.git;a=tree;f=libssh/0.6.4-x2go1-mingw482_src;h=a778703ad4118245b33e759d59b2fcb4fd370c37;hb=HEAD

3. The libssh developers recommend using the HEAD of the 0.6.x branch.
You would still apply the pageant patch from #2. I got the MinGW 4.8.2
patch upstreamed on this branch, so no need to apply that:
https://git.libssh.org/projects/libssh.git/log/?h=v0-6

4. #libssh on FreeNode has multiple developers who are very helpful.

-Mike#2

> Am 03.03.2015 um 13:59 schrieb Michael DePaulo:
[...]

---

From: Oleksandr Shneyder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 13:18:01 +0100

parallel to putty on my Windows machine. I'll check this. There is no

regards,
Alex

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: [email-masked]
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Ludwig-Feuerbach-str. 18  | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90489 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658         | http://www.x2go.org
USt-IdNr.: DE281977973
-----------------------------------------------------------