Subject: Bug#788: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#788: Bug#788: Pyhoca-Gui freezes when connection to desktop

From: "Ja Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 02:03:24 +0100 (CET)

Libdebug shows nothing...:(

-------- Původní zpráva --------

Od: Mihai Moldovan 

Datum: 21.2.2015

Předmět: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#788: Bug#788: Pyhoca-Gui freezes when connection

to desktop

Hi Sorry for the delay. I've noticed your message the first time around, but
given that gevent is recent enough, I didn't have any additional 
information. I can only suggest to start pyhoca-gui with the additional 
parameters --debug and --libdebug to see what is going on (if anything.) 
Disclaimer: I have practically no idea of python in general and X2Go's 
python code (including pyhoca*) specifically, Mike is probably the best 
person to help with that. Mihai On 21.02.2015 11:16 AM, Ja Bi wrote: > 
Second try :( > > dev-python/wxpython-3.0.2.0:3.0::gentoo USE="cairo 
libnotify opengl > -examples" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" > > dev-python/
gevent > Latest version installed: 1.0.1 > > [...] > > > PyHoca-GUI with 
wxPython 3.0 and python-gevent less!) > > behaves weirdly. > > > > What 
wxPython version do you use? > > > > What gevent version do you use? >

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 18:39:01 +0100

> Libdebug shows nothing...:(

Neither --debug nor --libdebug shed any light? Ok.

Just to rule out a server-side problem: have you already tried
x2goclient connecting to the same box? Does this work as expected?

Mihai

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 05:37:07 +0000

Hi Mihai,

> x2goclient connecting to the same box? Does this work as expected?

the above is an issue with old Python Gevent (<< 1.0.0) and wxPython 3.x.

Upgrading Python Gevent to a version >= 1.0.0 helps. I tried to  
provide that version in our .deb archives. Not sure about other  
distros (RPM-based).

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 06:40:07 +0100

> provide that version in our .deb archives. Not sure about other

But the user is using Gentoo with gevent 1.0.1 and wxpython version
3.0.2.0. Given that, it should just work? That's what the confusion is
all about.

Mihai

---

From: "Ja Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:45:07 +0100 (CET)

Exactly. I tried to use x2goclient, but the dependecies (here on gento) to 
qt are huge (i tried to avoid this qt stuff) so i don`t really want to 
install it:( (maybe if i find some binaries) or try from windows or 
different linux.

thanks...

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Komu: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Datum: 23. 2. 2015 6:46:44
Předmět: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#788: Bug#788: Pyhoca-Gui freezes when connection
to desktop

Mihai"

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:52:44 +0100

On 24.02.2015 10:45 AM, Ja Bi wrote:
> Exactly. I tried to use x2goclient, but the dependecies (here on
> gento) to qt are huge (i tried to avoid this qt stuff) so i don`t
> really want to install it:( (maybe if i find some binaries) or try
> from windows or different linux.

Testing with x2goclient from another system (for instance via a debian
VM or the like with the heuler package of x2goclient installed) would be
the easiest solution to make sure it's not a server issue. I'm currently
in the process of updating my Gentoo box (unrelated to this), so I
cannot test right away. I will do once the upgrade is through and I have
installed pyhoca.

Mihai

---

From: "Ja Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:59:13 +0100 (CET)

I am trying with pyhoca client from windows7 and from gentoo and it is the 
same...

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Komu: Ja Bi <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Datum: 24. 2. 2015 16:01:49
Předmět: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#788: Pyhoca-Gui freezes when connection to 
desktop

Mihai"

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:11:22 +0100

On 24.02.2015 04:59 PM, Ja Bi wrote:
> I am trying with pyhoca client from windows7 and from gentoo and it is
> the same...

I wasn't able to reproduce your problem on my machine. This is, however,
not, because I wasn't able to reproduce the bug per se, but because my
nxagent is crashing once I click on any button in XFCE.

Gentoo seems to be doing some weird stuff anyway (like not using nxagent
in "x2goagent mode" for X2Go). I will have to look into that some time
next week.

Mihai

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:18:38 +0000

> in "x2goagent mode" for X2Go). I will have to look into that some time

Urghmmm... that's what we do in Debian, Fedora, SUSE, openSUSE...  
Launch nxagent as x2goagent (via a symlink) and activate path changes  
and the X2GO logo on session startup [1].

Mike

[1]  
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/0999_nxagent_unbrand-nxagent-brand-x2goagent.full.patch;h=62c85cfb276551a68e99c9bd0e3bd1e2bdc32042;hb=2b2a02f93f552a38de8f72a971fa3f3ff42b3298
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:29:57 +0100

> and the X2GO logo on session startup [1].

I know. I consider using "nxagent" instead of "x2goagent" (as a symlink)
for x2go a bug and will have to beat downstream into submission.

Mihai

---

From: "Ja Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 10:10:51 +0100 (CET)

Hi guys,

i have find out where is problem (but for now i dont know how to solve it)

Problem si probable this:

cat /home/user/.xsession-x2go-errors

vmware-user: could not open /proc/fs/vmblock/dev

Xlib:  extension "VMWARE_CTRL" missing on display ":58".

after this is written to log, session "freezes".

Jan

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Komu: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Ja
Bi <[email-masked]>
Datum: 27. 2. 2015 22:37:00
Předmět: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#788: Bug#788: Pyhoca-Gui freezes when connection
to desktop

Mihai"

---

From: "Ja Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 12:02:38 +0100 (CET)

Ok, probably solved.

I removed /etc/x2go/xinitrc.d/vmware-xsession-gdm.sh

and now it works as it should.

thank you very much guys!

Jan

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Komu: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Ja
Bi <[email-masked]>

Mihai"

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 15:28:44 +0100

> and now it works as it should.

Wait, did you complete remove it?

x2goserver 4.0.1.19[1] should have fixed such problems (it's also
available in Gentoo as of a few days) so there's no need to complete
remove that file, if you still need it.

Thus, you're free to put it back after upgrading to x2goserver 4.0.1.19.

Note that /etc/x2go/xinitrc.d is a SYMLINK to /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d
which is a system folder.

Glad it works for you! Is this really fixed now?

Mihai

[1] http://goo.gl/ZbV5oH

---

From: "Ja Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:59:35 +0100 (CET)

Aha, i didn't know that it is a symlink and i though that i use it only when
i connect via vmware client, what is not that common, but you are right, i 
will try to do it better :)

Jan

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Komu: Ja Bi <[email-masked]>
Datum: 1. 3. 2015 15:37:14
Předmět: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#788: Bug#788: Pyhoca-Gui freezes when connection
to desktop

Mihai

[1] http://goo.gl/ZbV5oH"

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 14:26:19 +0100

Hi Jan

On 02.03.2015 09:59 AM, Ja Bi wrote:
> Aha, i didn't know that it is a symlink and i though that i use it
> only when i connect via vmware client, what is not that common, but
> you are right, i will try to do it better :)

Can you please do me a favor and write a script that does nothing but
fails and put it into /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d, then test if x2goserver
4.0.1.19 continues to work even if that script is in there and
pyhoca-gui does not freeze?

Kind of like that (as root):

printf '#!/bin/bash\nfalse\n' > /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/00-failscript
chmod +x /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/00-failscript

Then make sure to have x2goserver 4.0.1.19 installed and test via
pyhoca-gui as usual.

If it works fine, terminate the session and run

rm /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/00-failscript

Then report back here, so that I can close the ticket.

Mihai

---

From: "Ja Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 11:40:18 +0100 (CET)

Looks the same to me with this failscript (what is it supposed to do?)

thank you very much guys...

Jan

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Komu: Ja Bi <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Datum: 3. 3. 2015 14:32:22
Předmět: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#788: Pyhoca-Gui freezes when connection to 
desktop

"Hi Jan

Mihai"

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 07:13:26 +0100

Control: close -1
Control: reassign -1 x2goserver-xsettings 4.0.1.18
Control: forcemerge 632 788
Thanks

> Looks the same to me with this failscript (what is it supposed to do?)

Sorry for getting back so late.

The failscript was supposed to fail, i.e., return an uncatched exit code
not null.

This is what caused your problem in the first place (with the outdated
x2goserver version, nowadays not an issue anymore.)

Mihai