Subject: Bug#783: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#783: Bug#783: RPM Pre Script fail on Upgrade (Nightly)

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 16:21:27 +0100

Control: close -1
Thanks

On 09.02.2015 02:07 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> On  Mo 09 Feb 2015 12:49:16 CET, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:
>
>> Package: x2goserver
>> Version: 4.1.0.0-0.0x2go1.0.git20150201.1236.heuler.el6
> Yep, should already have been fixed for several days by [1].
> [1]
> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commitdiff;h=0838f4686fc0dd15c66840fecd665e38a7ea1bca

Indeed. Note that my fix was pushed on 2015-02-02, while Schlomo
installs the EPEL6 version from 2015-02-01.

For what it's worth, our distribution server packages.x2go.org does only
provide the newest version, which for EPEL6 is
x2goserver-4.1.0.0-0.0x2go1.0.git20150209.1257.

We do not cache old versions. The user is responsible to make sure the
cache and package is up to date.

>> Don't you test upgrades???
>
> Nope, not always.

Nightlies are not guaranteed to work or be bug free. Those packages are
built through continuous integration and may be broken at any given
time, although we try to minimize any state of brokenness.

>
> /me wonders, if your nightly builds are not obtained from
> packages.x2go.org but from a non-up-to-date repo. Possibly we may have
> a problem in the EPEL-6 nightly builds archive.

Our servers do not provide this version anymore. I have checked the
"archive" and everything is fine.

Mihai