Subject: SSH Auth Agent authentication doesn't work with x2gobroker when no username is specified on the command line

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 16:36:39 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.3.2-2015.02.01-4750158

(also present in 4.0.3.1)

When running x2goclient.exe on Windows (haven't tested Linux/OS X,
issue may be present there as well), using

- --broker-url=ssh://server:22/usr/bin/x2gobroker --broker-autologin

(the sequence of parameters doesn't matter), x2goclient goes into an
endless loop alternating between a password prompt for a
(non-existent) keyfile, and the message

Access denied. Authentication that can continue: publickey,password
Access denied. Authentication that can continue: publickey,password

(yes, it is printed twice).

This is even though a keyfile is loaded into Pageant (PuTTY's SSH Auth
Agent), and console login into the server using PuTTY works.

If

- --broker-url=ssh://user@server:22/usr/bin/x2gobroker --broker-autologin

is specified, it works.

IMO, this is a bug.  If no user name is specified on the command line,
x2goclient.exe should prompt for the user name, just like it does when
running in non-broker mode, or when running in username-and-password mode.

- -Stefan

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243