Subject: Bug#78: NX_xrandr lacks support from Xrandr 1.2 and higher

From: Reinhard Tartler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 12:59:36 +0100

Package: x2goagent

When starting a new x2go session, the startup scripts modify the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH of all applications to include /usr/lib/nx/X11/Xrandr.
This replaces the system libXrandr with the NX/X2go  provided one.
Unfortunately, this breaks the xrandr utility:

>> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/lib/nx/X11/Xrandr:/usr/lib/nx/X11/Xinerama:/usr/lib/nx/X11

>> xrandr
xrandr: symbol lookup error: xrandr: undefined symbol: XRRGetScreenSizeRange
zsh: exit 127   xrandr

-- 
regards,
    Reinhard

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 13:17:05 +0100

Hi Reinhard,

> xrandr: symbol lookup error: xrandr: undefined symbol: XRRGetScreenSizeRange

this was done to work around a critical Ubuntu KDE bug in precise:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libx11/+bug/985202

The path add-on for Xrandr is only done for KDE sessions. I will be  
happy to revert that nasty hack, but before that, we need someone to  
dig into KDE and (if I recall correctly) the patches applied to  
libxfixes in Ubuntu 12.04 and beyond.

If you disable the LD_LIBRARY_PATH code for Xrandr (x2goruncommand),  
then you will find regularly kwin crashes on KDE in precise+.

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Reinhard Tartler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 13:39:02 +0100

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Mike Gabriel
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> The path add-on for Xrandr is only done for KDE sessions. I will be happy to
> revert that nasty hack, but before that, we need someone to dig into KDE and
> (if I recall correctly) the patches applied to libxfixes in Ubuntu 12.04 and
> beyond.

In that case I'm happy to confirm that your "workaround" does not fix
anything in Kubuntu 12.10 nor when upgrading to raring.

>
> If you disable the LD_LIBRARY_PATH code for Xrandr (x2goruncommand), then
> you will find regularly kwin crashes on KDE in precise+.

This also happens with this workaround.

What does help, however, is downgrading the libxfixes3 package to the
version in oneiric.

-- 
regards,
    Reinhard

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 21:49:12 +0000

Control: forwarded -1 https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/pull/137
Control: tags -1 fixed-upstream

Hi all,

> then you will find regularly kwin crashes on KDE in precise+.

I recently backport RANDR 1.5 extension to nx-X11's Xserver. Pull  
request still open (but review is in process):
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/pull/137

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/mailxchange/kronolith/fb.php?u=m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de