Subject: Bug#759: [X2Go-Dev] x2goclient 4.0.5.0 (and 4.0.5.1 preview) frequent ssh commands don't free resources

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 02:56:10 +0100

On 03/14/2016 05:47 PM, Mat Martineau wrote:
> Given that the Mac client is leaking 6 SshProcess objects per minute, is 
> there a chance bug 759 will get a look before 4.0.5.1?

Obviously not, but something definitely sounds fishy there.

In general, running xmodmap every 10 seconds is fine. That's how we synchronize
the keyboard map on OS X. I understand this may seem weird, but keyboard
handling on OS X is difficult. The keyboard settings that is reported by the
local X server on OS X is just "bogus" and the mapping is done differently. I
don't know how exactly, but I figure it's going through the OS X system at some
point.

A problem arises if these values are taken at face value - they keyboard mapping
would completely messed up. This also holds, for example, if the keyboard
parameters is changed in x2goagent/nxagent (e.g., via the desktop environment)
itself.

The second issue - ssh processes stacking up, is NOT intentional and must be fixed.

Can you reproduce this with current versions?

Mihai