Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] x2goclient 4.0.5.0 (and 4.0.5.1 preview) frequent ssh commands don't free resources

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 02:56:10 +0100

On 03/14/2016 05:47 PM, Mat Martineau wrote:
> Given that the Mac client is leaking 6 SshProcess objects per minute, is 
> there a chance bug 759 will get a look before 4.0.5.1?

Obviously not, but something definitely sounds fishy there.

In general, running xmodmap every 10 seconds is fine. That's how we synchronize
the keyboard map on OS X. I understand this may seem weird, but keyboard
handling on OS X is difficult. The keyboard settings that is reported by the
local X server on OS X is just "bogus" and the mapping is done differently. I
don't know how exactly, but I figure it's going through the OS X system at some
point.

A problem arises if these values are taken at face value - they keyboard mapping
would completely messed up. This also holds, for example, if the keyboard
parameters is changed in x2goagent/nxagent (e.g., via the desktop environment)
itself.

The second issue - ssh processes stacking up, is NOT intentional and must be fixed.

Can you reproduce this with current versions?

Mihai

---

From: Mat Martineau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 08:37:43 -0800 (PST)

> Obviously not, but something definitely sounds fishy there.

...

> Can you reproduce this with current versions?

Running with x2goserver 4.0.1.20 (Fedora 26) and x2goclient 4.1.1.0 (MacOS 
10.12.6), I still see the cleanup at exit:

"""
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1985> All channels closed and 
session disconnected. Quitting session loop.

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:797> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x7fc54fdf1b40)  thread finished.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:52> SshProcess destructor called.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:52> SshProcess destructor called.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:52> SshProcess destructor called.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:52> SshProcess destructor called.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:52> SshProcess destructor called.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:52> SshProcess destructor called.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:52> SshProcess destructor called.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:52> SshProcess destructor called.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:804> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x7fc54fdf1b40)  finished destructor.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:6532> Setting focus.
"""

--
Mat Martineau
Intel OTC