Subject: Bug#751: [X2Go-Project] Bug#751: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#751: new DebBugs scripts: mbox / cleanbug

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 10:35:30 +0100

Am 29.02.2016 um 06:06 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> On  Mo 29 Feb 2016 05:27:45 CET, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> 
>> On 26.02.2016 04:17 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>>> It never was an automated process and it possibly should be. But you
>>> don't want to open the complete x2go-dev ML for arbitrary posting...
>>
>> I think I do - partly. I'll have to check if mailman can pass-through
>> messages
>> based on specific headers. If it does, "whitelisting" "Resent-Sender:
> 
> It can do white-listing.
> 
>> [email-masked]" sounds like a good automation point. I don't expect
>> spammers to send this header. :)
> 
> Yeah. Makes sense.

I would like to veto this, unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

FYI: The current situation is that I'm whitelisting all first-time
submitters manually, along with a GPG signed "ping" message telling them
to please subscribe to the list.

While most of the spam indeed goes to x2go-*, there are spam messages
targeted at <bugnumber>@bugs.x2go.org.
These clog our BTS, and, if I'm understanding your suggestion correctly,
would also hit x2go-dev - along with any malware attachments they may
have, as those messages get auto-forwarded from
<bugnumber>@bugs.x2go.org to x2go-dev.

So, automatic whitelisting, while it would be a huge time-saver for me,
is out of the question, for sanity, safety and security reasons.

If I misunderstood your suggestion, please point out my errors to me.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243