Subject: new DebBugs scripts: mbox / cleanbug

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:51:49 +0000

Hi all,

last night, I created to new scripts for the debbugs software  
underneath bugs.x2go.org.

Both scripts are attached and can be found under /usr/lib/debbugs on  
host ymir.das-netzwerkteam.de.

Especially the cleanbug script should be of interested here.

I recently received various abuse notifications from my provider and  
they all relate to X2GO bugs containing mails with virus attachments.  
These need to be cleaned.

I already did so for the reported URLs:

http://bugs.x2go.org/128
http://bugs.x2go.org/232
http://bugs.x2go.org/496
http://bugs.x2go.org/765

But there are more...

Please coordinate in the X2Go core team, who will work on cleaning up  
the X2Go bugtracker. Currently, these people have access:

   Heinz
   Mihai
   Mike

You have to log into ymir.das-netzwerkteam.de (aka bugs.x2go.org) as  
user locadm and become root via sudo.

The cleanbug script itself is easy to handle:

   # /usr/lib/debbugs/cleanbug <bugno>

Once you triggered the script, you have to look at bug posts on the  
selected bug and say yes and no.

At the end you get asked, if you really want to write back the changes  
to the bug. The answer's question defaults to "no".

You should create some back before manipulating existing bugs. For  
this, create copies of <bugno>.log in /var/lib/debbugs/spool/db-h/

Note for archived bugs: for cleaning up archived bugs, you have to  
unarchive them first.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/mailxchange/kronolith/fb.php?u=m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de