Subject: Bug#751: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#751: new DebBugs scripts: mbox / cleanbug

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 18:47:35 +0000

Hi Mihai,

On Thu Feb 25 18:36:45 2016 GMT+0100, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> Mike
> 
> Since you changed debbugs a bit, submitted bug reports do not show up on
> x2go-dev anymore (if filed by addresses not also subscribed to x2go-dev), but
> instead hit the moderation queue.
> 
> Previously, forwarded mails were not bounced by the mailing list. Any idea what
> might have changed?

Nothing has changed with that except that I do not moderate the x2go-dev list anymore. I always granted non-subscribed bug submitters permanent list access once they had filed their first bug. 
 
Greets,
Mike

-- 
Sent from my Jolla

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 20:12:25 +0100

> Nothing has changed with that except that I do not moderate the x2go-dev list anymore. I always granted non-subscribed bug submitters permanent list access once they had filed their first bug. 

Wait, this wasn't an automated process from the beginning? It probably should be...

Mihai

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:17:24 +0000

Hi,

On  Do 25 Feb 2016 20:12:25 CET, Mihai Moldovan wrote:

>> Nothing has changed with that except that I do not moderate the  
>> x2go-dev list anymore. I always granted non-subscribed bug  
>> submitters permanent list access once they had filed their first bug.
>

It never was an automated process and it possibly should be. But you  
don't want to open the complete x2go-dev ML for arbitrary posting...

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/mailxchange/kronolith/fb.php?u=m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 05:27:45 +0100

> don't want to open the complete x2go-dev ML for arbitrary posting...

I think I do - partly. I'll have to check if mailman can pass-through messages
based on specific headers. If it does, "whitelisting" "Resent-Sender:
[email-masked]" sounds like a good automation point. I don't expect
spammers to send this header. :)

Mihai

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 05:06:20 +0000

> based on specific headers. If it does, "whitelisting" "Resent-Sender:

It can do white-listing.

> spammers to send this header. :)

Yeah. Makes sense.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 10:35:30 +0100

>> spammers to send this header. :)

I would like to veto this, unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

FYI: The current situation is that I'm whitelisting all first-time
submitters manually, along with a GPG signed "ping" message telling them
to please subscribe to the list.

While most of the spam indeed goes to x2go-*, there are spam messages
targeted at <bugnumber>@bugs.x2go.org.
These clog our BTS, and, if I'm understanding your suggestion correctly,
would also hit x2go-dev - along with any malware attachments they may
have, as those messages get auto-forwarded from
<bugnumber>@bugs.x2go.org to x2go-dev.

So, automatic whitelisting, while it would be a huge time-saver for me,
is out of the question, for sanity, safety and security reasons.

If I misunderstood your suggestion, please point out my errors to me.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243