Subject: Bug#75: fails to use RSA SSH keys

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 09:48:43 +0100

Hi Reinhard,

On Do 06 Dez 2012 09:11:51 CET Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> Package: pyhoca-gui
> Version: 0.2.0.4-0~789~precise1
>
> The configuration dialogue asks for a private RSA/DSA keys.
> Unfortunately, when I try to use my RSA SSH key, the connection fails
> with "not a valid DSA key". Which is correct, but not helpful.
>
> BTW, when browsing for a keyfile, the window title of the file browser
> says (in german) "select public SSH Key". I guess it still wants a
> private one instead.

I have also observed this behaviour. My main SSH key is an RSA key and  
it works fine.

So problem 1 is the error message: it says DSA (hard-coded) but it can  
mean RSA/DSA.

The ,,not a valid DSA key'' refers to a local private SSH key that  
does not get accepted by the server (no matter if the key locally is  
RSA or DSA).

What is the exact SSH configuration in the sessions file? Do you use  
detction of default key names in the config?

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb