Subject: Bug#744: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#744: user-local keystrokes.cfg does not work

From: Horst Schirmeier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 22:27:01 +0100

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> Do we actually WANT to make ~/.nx/foo override /etc/x2go/foo *for
> x2goagent*? Or do we rather want to get rid of ~/.nx and /etc/nxagent
> entirely within x2go components (which, really, would make some sort of
> sense, especially if $SOMETHING created ~/.nx/config/keystrokes.cfg and
> users wonder why /etc/x2go/keystrokes.cfg does not take any effect.)

I have no objection removing ~/.nx and /etc/nxagent from the file list
in my patch, keeping ~/.x2go/config/keystrokes.cfg and
/etc/x2go/keystrokes.cfg.  As ~/.nx does not work at all at the moment,
this wouldn't even break existing setups (but would require updating the
documentation in the wiki).

> Actually, I see another problem there. Wouldn't it be smarter to
> consider both ~/.x2go/foo and /etc/x2go/keystrokes.cfg (if existent),
> with values in ~/.x2go/foo overriding those of the global configuration
> file? A priority-based merge would really be the thing we're looking
> for. I've got something like that lying around.
> 
> It's not exactly small, though. And would benefit from being shared
> code, as it could (and also would) be used in both x2goagent and x2goserver.

This may or may not be a good idea.  For example, IMHO it'd require
introducing a way to completely remove/disable /etc/x2go/keystrokes.cfg
definitions via directives in user-local files, instead of only
overriding key definitions.  Also, it has the potential of not being
compatible to existing setups.  Nevertheless, I suggest opening a new
bug for this, as #744 needs to be fixed either way.

Horst

-- 
PGP-Key 0xD40E0E7A