Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#743: Hangup issues when server unavailable

From: Terje Andersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 13:44:47 +0100

Onsdag 14. januar 2015 15.42.49 skrev Peter Brodsky:
> package: x2goclient
> severity: wishlist
> 
> If I mistakenly try to open a session to a (linux) server which is not
> powered up, the (Windows) client simply sits and tries. There's no way to
> cancel.  Clicking on the small round on/off button in the session window
> (the rectangular one that lands in the left/blue area) does not take.  I
> simply have to wait until it times out.  Could this not be dealt with more
> actively? Obviously this is a "don't do that" kind of thing, but it does
> happen.

I've come across this myself and what I do to work around this is to quit the 
x2goclient. Either just closing it, or right-click and choose 'quit'.

This seems to close down all the components and it's faster to just start 
another instance after quitting it than to wait until it times out.

Regards,
Terje