Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Printing Feature

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 15:54:21 +0100

Am 27.01.2015 um 15:33 schrieb Madog:

First, please don't crosspost, especially not to unrelated lists.
I am answering on X2Go-Dev, as this should be the most appropriate one
since you're actually referencing a bug that is still open (albeit
without you knowing about it by the time you wrote your mail).

> I think my issue is a development issue, but may be wrong.  I used
> to be able to print with x2go (Wheezy server, windows client
> 4.0.2.1 at the moment) so that print jobs automatically routed to
> my default printer.
> 
> For some time, the print links come down to my x2go client, but I
> have either to open the link in adobe and print manually from
> Adobe, or set the x2go session preferences to first open the print
> job as a pdf on my client and then print from adobe.  I've tried
> older version of adobe (as a test, not a "desired" solution) with
> the same results, though it's possible that this issue started with
> comparatively recent Adobe versions.
> 
> Am hoping at some point to be able to print off of x2go and have
> things print directly to the printer without the extra print clicks
> in Adobe. Obviously not "a hair on fire", but something that made
> x2go more user friendly.

There is bug #740 to deal with that.
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=740

In the meantime, you could just try the manual approach, download the
SumatraPDF portable exe, tell x2goclient.exe to run that instead of
Adobe, and pick the proper parameters (see bug report for the
available options).

Also, you're a few client versions behind, probably worth to upgrade.

- -Stefan

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243