Subject: Ship a default, small-footprint, F/LOSS PDF viewer with x2goclient

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:27:26 +0200

Alex and I had a look at this bug while @ X2Go: The Gathering 2017.

We currently have a drop-down list of printers to choose from, and the
option to specify a custom print command instead (using a checkbox and a
text field).

The idea would be:
- SumatraPDF becomes the new default PDF viewer for X2GoClient for
  Windows and gets bundled with it, just like VcXsrv.
- You will be able to de-select it during X2GoClient installation, if
  you prefer using your own PDF viewer and want to save a few megabytes
  of storage.
- There will be the following options using SumatraPDF "behind the
  scenes" in the print dialog:
  - An option to always print to the system default printer
  - The current "choose a printer" dialog, which will set a default for
    X2GoClient only
  - An option to always prompt the user to select a printer when a print
    job is being sent.
- The option to specify a custom print command in the print dialog will
  remain. It will default to a SumatraPDF call with sample parameters on
  Windows systems.
- The option to specify a viewer command for PDFs in the "Show as PDF"
  dialog will remain, and will default to SumatraPDF on Windows systems.

This feature request ist currently awaiting funding.
It is expected to take no longer than 8 hours to implement, once funded.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:26:50 +0200

> It is expected to take no longer than 8 hours to implement, once funded.

I can report that we have a sponsor for 4 out of those 8 hours.  Now for
the remaining 4 ... any volunteers? ;-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur