Subject: Bug#739: "Connection failed" errors when using GSSAPI on Windows (PuTTY+Krb5)

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 12:15:50 -0500

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.3.1

Client OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit with all available updates

Server OS: Fedora 21 64-bit with most available updates
Server krb5 client: samba winbind 4.1.14-1.fc21
x2goagent: 3.5.0.28
x2goserver: 4.0.1.18
x2goserver-extensions: 4.0.1.18
x2goserver-xsession: 4.0.1.18 (with fix for #632 applied)

When I attempt to use GSSAPI authentication on Windows, with either
x2goclient 4.0.3.1-20141214 or x2goclient 4.0.3.2 development build
(2015-01-11 9363860), I see 2 error messages come up when I start a
new session on the aforementioned host:

Message 1:

Connection failed : cp: missing destination file operand after
'/home/DEPAULO/mike/.x2go/C-mike-50-1420995172_stDMATE_dp32/krb5cc'
Try 'cp --help' for more information

Message 2:

Connection failed pscp: unable to open
/home/mike/.x2go/ssh/key.Hp6896: no such file or directory

Message 1 is on top of message 2.

If I reconnect to a session, I only receive message #2.

Under both versions of x2goclient, the X2go Session appears to start
successfully. e.g., I see my mate desktop launch. And I can actually
interact with it.

However, whenever I connect with 4.0.3.1-20141214, as soon as I
dismiss error message #2, x2goclient terminates entirely.

On 4.0.3.2, these error messages are harmless (but annoying.)

I've attached the log from the 4.0.3.2 development build (2015-01-11 9363860).

I've also attached the server's samba configuration.