Subject: Bug#737: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#737: X2GoClient should contain an option to add arbitary ssh port forwardings

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 11:04:06 +0000

On  Sa 10 Jan 2015 10:41:53 CET, Stefan Baur wrote:

> package: x2goclient
> severity: wishlist
>
> It would be cool to have an option inside X2GoClient that allows ssh
> port forwardings, like PuTTY does.
> For simplicity (so the session DB doesn't have to be changed), this
> should be limited to portforwardings from the X2GoClient to the Server
> - - in SSH-speak, "-L1234:foobar.example.com:1234", but not
> "-R1234:foobar.example.com:1234".
>
> - -Stefan

For you lpr/lpd printing feature you would need a -R (reverse) port  
forwarding tunnel which would in turn open a listening socket on the  
X2Go server which could be accessed by all users on that specific X2Go  
Server.

(Which actually is the case for all other port forwardings used in  
X2Go, with the difference that those port forwardings have some means  
of authentication mechanism implemented (pulse cookie, sshfs pub/priv  
key auth).

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb