Subject: Bug#732: X2Go Client falls back to SSH pub/priv key auth if GSSAPI fails

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 23:22:09 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Severity: important
Version: 4.0.3.1

I have not yet obtained a Kerberos ticket via kinit...

I have an SSH private key protected with a passphrase...

My X2Go session profile configuration for SSH auth is:

key=
krblogin=true
autologin=false
krbdelegation=false

I expect authentication to fail (reporting that my ticket cache is  
empty or such).

What happens is this:

"""
x2go-INFO-1> "Starting x2goclient..."
x2go-WARNING-1> "Can't load translator: :/x2goclient_c"
x2go-WARNING-2> "Can't load translator: :/qt_C"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:1203> Removing apps from tray
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:1171> Plugging apps in tray.
x2go-INFO-3> "Started  x2goclient."
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:490> "$HOME=/home/mike"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2118> Reading 72 sessions from config file.
QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2663> Starting session via smartcard,  
ssh-agent or kerberos token.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:1203> Removing apps from tray
x2go-INFO-8> "Starting connection to server: <host>:<port>"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2697> Start new ssh connection to  
server:"<host>":"<port>" krbLogin: true
x2go-DEBUG-../sshmasterconnection.cpp:198> starting ssh connection  
with kerberos authentication

x2go-DEBUG-../sshmasterconnection.cpp:206> SshMasterConnection,  
instance SshMasterConnection(0x1f0b670)  created
x2go-DEBUG-../sshmasterconnection.cpp:442> SshMasterConnection,  
instance SshMasterConnection(0x1f0b670)  entering thread
x2go-DEBUG-../sshmasterconnection.cpp:478> libSsh not inited yet, initting

x2go-DEBUG-../sshmasterconnection.cpp:789> cserverAuth

x2go-DEBUG-../sshmasterconnection.cpp:804> state: 1

x2go-DEBUG-../sshmasterconnection.cpp:1153> starting ssh:"ssh -o  
GSSApiAuthentication=yes mike@<host> -p <port> -o  
PasswordAuthentication=no sh -c 'echo  
X2GODATABEGIN:df7fa883-5dc3-4623-b9dd-16b62f069fc5; whoami; echo  
X2GODATAEND:df7fa883-5dc3-4623-b9dd-16b62f069fc5;'"

Enter passphrase for key '/home/mike/.ssh/id_rsa':
"""

X2Go Client waits for me entering my SSH private key password while  
setting up the SSH master connection.

This should not happen... Authentication should fail and a proper  
error message (GSSAPI requires a valid Kerberos ticket cache or  
similar) should be reported.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb