Subject: client-side printing terminates X2Go Client (+ running session) in certain cases

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 15:09:32 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Severity: grave
Tag: patch

I have just found a patch for X2Go upstream bug #702 [1]:

What I do:
==========

  o I launch an X2Go session with X2Go Client, client-side printing  
support is enabled
  o I minimize X2Go Client to the systray icon
  o I configure X2Go Client to show the print dialog window on  
incoming print jobs
  o I print a document inside the X2Go session

What happens:
=============

The print dialog window appears. I select "Print"...

X2Go Client simply exits cleanly immediately when I click the Print  
button of the print dialog window.

The issue occurs in this combination of events:

   o print dialog appears on incoming print job
   o it doesn't matter what print action is chosen
     (pdfview, pdfsave, print, etc.)
   o X2Go Client's main window is hidden (e.g.
     via clicking on the tray icon)

What should happen:
===================

The incoming print job should get shown as PDF or printed (whatever I  
chose in the print dialog window). The print dialog window should  
disappear, my remote X2Go session should continue...

The issue is related to this:
=============================

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5116459/problem-with-hidden-qmainwindow-application-crashes-after-qmessagebox-is-displa

The related upstream patch is this:
===================================
   http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commitdiff;h=3008b2a

I am still waiting for feedback from another upstream dev, once it is  
there, I will fix the issue in the x2goclient src:package in Debian  
unstable and hopefully testing (jessie).

Mike

[1] http://bugs.x2go.org/702

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:01:56 +0000

Control: forcemerge #702 -1

On  Do 08 Jan 2015 16:09:32 CET, Mike Gabriel wrote:

> The incoming print job should get shown as PDF or printed (whatever  
> I chose in the print dialog window). The print dialog window should  
> I am still waiting for feedback from another upstream dev, once it  
> is there, I will fix the issue in the x2goclient src:package in  
> Debian unstable and hopefully testing (jessie).
>
> Mike
>

argghhh... this bug report was supposed for the x2goclient package in  
Debian and thus should have gone to [email-masked]...

I just resent it and merge this one with #702.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy: