Subject: Bug#723: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#723: Bug#723: x2go sessions insta-break with some GUI software (ROOT TBrowser)

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 19:13:36 +0100

Am 26.01.2017 um 11:34 schrieb [email-masked]:
> Hi Mike,
>  
> are you still there? We like X2Go very much - great work! Is there any chance to solve this problem in Vcxsrv? Or maybe give a possible reason for the problem, so that the ROOT programmers could think about a solution. I know it is a relatively small user group using ROOT together with X2Go Client for Windows, but I would be very glad to get it working without installing an old Vcxsrv version.

Well, I'm not Mike#2, but you might want to check if the crash isn't
actually caused server-side by the old NX-libs.

If you can set up a test system (please don't try this on a production
system, especially if you don't have a backup!), try following the steps
listed here:
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:nx-libs-betatesting

After that, try connecting with X2GoClient 4.0.5.2 (and the VcXsrv we
ship with it) and see what happens.

If you're still experiencing the problem, please wait a few weeks until
around 2017-02-09, when X2GoClient 4.1.0.0 is scheduled to be released
and try again.

->Still no change? Then please let us know.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243