Subject: Bug#715: Proposed patch

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 23:12:04 -0500

Tags: patch

I would like someone who knows Perl better, such as theUser2, to
review this patch.

Although this is a very small patch, theUser2 advised me to be careful
when creating full paths.

I tested it successfully under CentOS 5 and CentOS 6.

I intended to use "make_path" instead of "mkpath" if File::Path 2.06
or later was detected. However, I could not figure out how to write a
statement like "use File::Path( make_path)" if File::Path->VERSION is
2.06 or later. Specifically, it appears that "use" statements are
executed at compile time in Perl, so they cannot be used within an if
block. And I cannot just specify "use File::Path" for all versions of
File::Path because "make_path" is not exported by default.

EPEL 5:
http://perldoc.perl.org/5.8.8/File/Path.html

EPEL 6:
http://perldoc.perl.org/5.10.1/File/Path.html

Latest:
http://perldoc.perl.org/File/Path.html