Subject: Cannot create X2Go Session Database on EPEL 5

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 12:17:22 -0500

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.18
Severity: grave

Server OS: CentOS 5.11 64-bit
Client: 4.0.3.1

When you attempt to connect to a CentOS 5 server, you get a
"Connection failed" error.
The error includes the text "unable to open database file(1)" .

This bug prevents EPEL 5 users from using X2Go Server at all.

The underlying problem appears to be that x2godbadmin fails to create
the session database:

[batmin@centos-5 log]$ sudo /usr/sbin/x2godbadmin
"make_path" is not exported by the File::Path module
Can't continue after import errors at /usr/sbin/x2godbadmin line 25
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/x2godbadmin line 25.

Newer versions of File::Path provide "make_path", but I was unable to
find an EPEL 5 RPM that provides a sufficiently new version of
File::Path .

This bug appears to be a regression that was introduced by commit bad455e :
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commit;h=bad455edefdce83da6a1f3b42e6626030e8b82d2