Subject: Bug#714: Cannot connect to epel5 servers: Undefined subroutine &main::LOG_UPTO

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 10:49:49 -0500

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.18
Severity: grave

Server: CentOS 5.11 64-bit
Server distro's version of Perl: 5.8.8-43.el5_11

Client: x2goclient 4.0.3.1
Client OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

While I was verifying the fix for #699, I noticed that whenever I
attempt to connect to my CentOS 5 server, I get the error:
Connection failed
Undefined subroutine &main::LOG_UPTO called at
/usr/bin/x2golistsessions line 35.

This bug prevents X2Go Server from being used at all on epel5 distros
(RHEL 5, CentOS 5, SL 5, OL 5).

It appears that the cause is that the LOG_UPTO() function is not
available on CentOS 5's version of Perl, 5.8.8. It is available on
CentOS 6 (Perl 5.10.1), hence why my CentOS 6 system is not affected.
http://perldoc.perl.org/5.8.8/Sys/Syslog.html
http://perldoc.perl.org/5.10.1/Sys/Syslog.html