Subject: Bug#712: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#711: x2goserver: trusty armhf no package available

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 23:52:57 +0000

Control: forcemerge #711 #560

Hi Heinrich,

On  Fr 09 Jan 2015 21:59:06 CET, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:

>>
>> Henning Heinold and I are currently setting up an armhf task force.
>> Would you be willing to join in?
>>
>> Mike
>>
> Yes, I would like to contribute to the armhf task force.
>
> #711 is partly duplicate to #560.
> http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560

The idea is to use our X2Go buildscripts [1] (i.e. build-deb-package)  
for building armhf packages.

Question to you, can you contribute amd64 hardware (for qemubuilder)  
where those build processes can run on (as Jenkins slaves)?

Alternatively, can you provide physical hardware?

Depending on your answers, we should set up such a box at your place  
or extend the build env on japsand.x2go.org.

I understand that you are interested in Ubuntu builds (whereas others  
are interested in Debian or Raspian builds).

Maybe we should put up a wiki page or something for collecting the  
demands and the options/possibilities we have.

If we go the amd64 + qemubuilder approach, does anyone have a recent  
armhf kernel that runs in qemu and can handle a Debian sid, or latest  
Ubuntu?

I would love to avoid stuffing non-native build jobs on  
japsand.x2go.org, as the machine also acts as our webserver (in a  
chroot). To many build load will block our wiki from being responsive  
(which we want to avoid).

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb