Subject: Bug#711: x2goserver: trusty armhf no package available

From: Heinrich Schuchardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 15:10:29 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.9

I am running Lubuntu trusty on an armhf server. I tried to install 
x2goserver as described on 
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:repositories:ubuntu

I found at least the following packages are missing:
x2goserver
nxagent

Could you, please, upload the missing packages.

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 23:06:52 +0000

Control: tag -1 wontfix not-a-bug

Hi Heinrich,

> Could you, please, upload the missing packages.

The X2Go upstream team does not support the armhf architecture. There  
currently is no build infrastructure for X2Go package for armhf.

If you you have time or priority to help out, please contact me  
(sunweaver on IRC) and Michael DePaulo (aka Mike#2, mikedep on IRC)  
via #x2go on Freenode.

Tagging this issue as wontfix for now...

Thanks,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: "Heinrich Schuchardt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 10:15:07 +0100

Hello Mike,

I built the missing packages and put them on repository http://debian.xypron/trusty/ (all and armhf).

As build system I used a Wandboard Quad.

The system used as x2go server is a Banana Pi.

I did not experience any problems using the software.

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt

http://www.xypron.de

Am 09.01.15 um 00:06 schrieb Mike Gabriel

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 11:06:30 +0000

Hi Heinrich,

On  Fr 09 Jan 2015 10:15:07 CET, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> I built the missing packages and put them on repository  
> http://debian.xypron/trusty/ (all and armhf).
>

Henning Heinold and I are currently setting up an armhf task force.  
Would you be willing to join in?

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Heinrich Schuchardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 21:59:06 +0100

> Would you be willing to join in?
Yes, I would like to contribute to the armhf task force.

#711 is partly duplicate to #560.
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 23:52:57 +0000

Control: forcemerge #711 #560

Hi Heinrich,

> http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560

The idea is to use our X2Go buildscripts [1] (i.e. build-deb-package)  
for building armhf packages.

Question to you, can you contribute amd64 hardware (for qemubuilder)  
where those build processes can run on (as Jenkins slaves)?

Alternatively, can you provide physical hardware?

Depending on your answers, we should set up such a box at your place  
or extend the build env on japsand.x2go.org.

I understand that you are interested in Ubuntu builds (whereas others  
are interested in Debian or Raspian builds).

Maybe we should put up a wiki page or something for collecting the  
demands and the options/possibilities we have.

If we go the amd64 + qemubuilder approach, does anyone have a recent  
armhf kernel that runs in qemu and can handle a Debian sid, or latest  
Ubuntu?

I would love to avoid stuffing non-native build jobs on  
japsand.x2go.org, as the machine also acts as our webserver (in a  
chroot). To many build load will block our wiki from being responsive  
(which we want to avoid).

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: "Mr. Berryman Christopher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2026 13:45:55 +0800

hi, I hope you are well.
We are currently building a supply business in your country and am seeking
a reliable local partner to collaborate with.
I believe there may be a good opportunity for us to work together. Would
you be open to discussing a potential partnership?

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,
Dr.Berryman Christopher John
Production Manager