Subject: Bug#704: Desktopsharing "Access denied from user" all time

From: KeRo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:37:10 +0100

Package: x2godesktopsharing

Version: 3.1.1.2-0~154~ubuntu14.04.1

Test in latest stable ( 3.1.1.1-0~131~ubuntu14.04.1) and latest
nightly (3.1.1.2-0~154~ubuntu14.04.1)

Issue: x2godesktopsharing dont work, when a user try to connect with a
user with desktop sharing enabled, the list of session appear but try
to "View Only" or "Full Access",
"Access denied from user" appear directly, in the destination session
dont appear any allow popup.

All users are in the x2godesktopsharing and x2gousers groups.

The problem dont appear if we do the desktopsharing session with the
same user of desktop session.

Any idea?

Best regards

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:10:43 +0000

> All users are in the x2godesktopsharing and x2gousers groups.

No need to put people into group "x2gouser". If there (still) is a  
group "x2gousers", please remove it. It was necessary with very old  
versions of X2Go Server.

> same user of desktop session.

This is a know issue that has been addressed in Git already. At least partly.

Can you build x2goserver from the release/4.0.1.x branch and report if  
a session comes up with that code base?

   git clone git://code.x2go.org/x2goserver.git
   git checkout release/4.0.1.x
   debuild -uc -us

Or are you already on x2goserver 4.1.0.0-preview. With that version,  
desktop sharing should partly work again.

If on 4.1.0.0-preview, can you also test with pyhoca-gui _and_ X2Go  
Client, if desktop sharing works?

Thanks,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb