Subject: Bug#697: Nightly x2goserver crashes the x2go windows client on connect

From: Jasmin Lévesque <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:09:44 -0500

Package: x2goserver
Version: git master @HEAD

When using the latest x2goserver and connecting with x2go client on
Windows, the client crashes on connect.

I tried the latest nightly build and my own compiled from HEAD (to solve
issue #676), with 2 different clients (v4.0.3.0 & v4.0.2.0)  the behavior
is the same.

I also tried not to use a full fledged KDE session, even with a single
application "xterm" the app crashes. I tried a combination of client-side
configs (no sound, no clipboard, no printing etc..) with the same results.

I created a server with a fresh CentOS install to isolate any possible
server-side configuration issue, the behavior is the same again.

I see that the server creates the ssh connection, the client get to
acknowledge the new server ssh key, the client crashes a few seconds later.
There is no log entries generated in the %userprofile%/.x2go or in the
/home/$USER/.x2go/  folder.

If you can think about any other test case, i'm willing to try them and
provide feedback.

Thanks,

Jasmin Levesque
Senior System Analyst
Vlan! Technologie