Subject: Bug#684: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#684: Bug#684: select_session offers offline servers to X2Go Client

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 00:17:22 +0100

Am 06.12.2014 um 23:56 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> Then the X2Go Client should test if that X2Go Server address works
> (via a simple ping6/ping command, machines should always be
> pingable!!!)

Chiming in here:
Even if they aren't pingable - Port 22 (or whichever you've set in the
config as SSH port to be used) must be accepting connections.
You can test that on Linux with

nc -z ip.goes.he.re port_goes_here && echo "is reachable"

... and I'm sure there are ways to do that inside the client code, too.
Check if you can get a TCP handshake going within a set time frame (1
second? 2 seconds? 5 seconds?), then disconnect and proceed depending
on the result.

Actually ... simply lowering the timeout value for the currently
existing code that handles the connection, when called in broker
client mode, might already work.

- -Stefan

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243