Subject: x2go goes to an infinite loop when using el7 and domain login

From: Cristian Falcas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 15:05:36 +0200

Package: x2goserver

Version: 4.0.1.18-3.el7.x86_64

x2go is installed in OracleLinux 7 from epel rpms.

When trying to connect with a domain account (login uses sssd for
authentication) x2gostartagent enters in an infinite loop.

ps fax output for 2 tries:

28042 ?        Ss     0:00 sh -c echo
X2GODATABEGIN:97f2b66d-fc40-4bca-b62c-b607ba312cc3;
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin x2gostartagent 1024x
768 lan nopack unix-kde-depth_16 us pc105/us 1 D CINNAMON both; echo
X2GODATAEND:97f2b66d-fc40-4bca-b62c-b607ba312cc3
28071 ?        S      0:10  \_ /bin/bash /usr/bin/x2gostartagent
1024x768 lan nopack unix-kde-depth_16 us pc105/us 1 D CINNAMON both
24430 ?        S      0:00      \_ /bin/bash /usr/bin/x2gostartagent
1024x768 lan nopack unix-kde-depth_16 us pc105/us 1 D CINNAMON both
24431 ?        R      0:00          \_ /usr/bin/perl
/usr/lib64/x2go/x2gogetports v-is-puppet-02.synygy.net

 6226 ?        Ss     0:00 sh -c echo
X2GODATABEGIN:e04690c6-3a9d-4963-9a1e-fc5f14b117bf;
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin x2gostartagent 1024x
768 lan nopack unix-kde-depth_16 us pc105/us 1 D CINNAMON both; echo
X2GODATAEND:e04690c6-3a9d-4963-9a1e-fc5f14b117bf
 6257 ?        S      0:02  \_ /bin/bash /usr/bin/x2gostartagent
1024x768 lan nopack unix-kde-depth_16 us pc105/us 1 D CINNAMON both
24434 ?        R      0:00      \_ /usr/bin/perl
/usr/lib64/x2go/x2gogetdisplays v-is-puppet-02.synygy.net

Output from "timeout 1 strace -f -p 28071" is at http://pastebin.com/d7XvS7Kt

Thank you,
Cristian Falcas

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:50:35 +0000

Control: tag -1 moreinfo

Hi Christian

> Output from "timeout 1 strace -f -p 28071" is at http://pastebin.com/d7XvS7Kt

The recent versions of the CINNAMON desktop are not support in X2Go  
(resp. the underlying NX).

Please re-test with LXDE, XFCE, MATE or KDE and report back if you  
observe the same issue.

Thanks,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Cristian Falcas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 01:09:21 +0200

Hi Mike,

This is not related to CINNAMON . It's a login name issue. I've
already tested with multiple desktops and the problem is the same.

In a previous email you asked for some tests from my part, but I
forgot completely. I'm sorry about that. I will respond to them in the
next days.

Best regards,
Cristian Falcas

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 12:50 AM, Mike Gabriel
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> The recent versions of the CINNAMON desktop are not support in X2Go (resp.
> the underlying NX).
>
> Please re-test with LXDE, XFCE, MATE or KDE and report back if you observe
> the same issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> --
>
> DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 23:53:17 +0000

> forgot completely. I'm sorry about that. I will respond to them in the

It would be great if you could build the X2Go Server code from branch

   release/4.0.1.x

from source as RPM packages and test with those. Unfortunately, this  
is not trivial if you grab X2Go Server code from x2goserver.git on  
git.x2go.org

There is a chance that we fixed your issues in upcoming release  
4.0.1.19. Maybe you wait for the 4.0.1.19 release and report back  
then...

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy: