Subject: X2Go client on Ubuntu 14.04 always connect with session type unix-kde

From: Biocyberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 21:34:25 +0100

Package: x2goclient

The problem:
When using x2goclient to connect to the server, I can't get the session to
finish starting up. I can access the remote MATE desktop (Ubuntu 14.04)
menus (i.e. "Applications", "Places", "System") but now icons appear on the
desktop. Starting of applications take much longer time than expected.

My work around:
Switch to connecting using KDE session, or using PyHoca-GUI to connect. If
I use PyHoca-GUI, I can connect to the server with MATE session type
successfully. This work around suggests clearly that X2Goclient has some
problems to form proper connect to the server. And I think the fixed
"session type" information below at "Information from 'Show Details'" is
causing the problem.

Thanks for the work of X2Go

Kind regards
Adam

------------------------My Client Inforamtion
------------------------------------------
Linux x2goclient 3.13.0-24-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 23:30:00 UTC
2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

X2Go Client V. 4.0.3.1 (Qt - 4.8.6)
(C. 2005-2014 obviously nice: Oleksandr Shneyder, Heinz-Markus Graesing)

----------- ----------My Server
Inforamtion-----------------------------------------------

xuser@xgserver:~$ uname -a
Linux xgserver 3.13.0-40-generic #69-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 13 17:53:56 UTC
2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

xuser@xgserver:~$ /usr/bin/x2goversion
x2goagent: 3.5.0.28
x2golxdebindings: 1.0.2.2
x2goserver: 4.0.1.18
x2goserver-extensions: 4.0.1.16
x2goserver-xsession: 4.0.1.16

-----------------------------------Information from 'Show
Details'--------------------

NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.

See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Session: Terminating session at 'Sat Nov 29 15:54:29 2014'.

Session: Session terminated at 'Sat Nov 29 15:54:29 2014'.

NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.

See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '9418'.

Session: Starting session at 'Sat Nov 29 16:07:50 2014'.

Info: Using abstract X11 socket in kernel namespace for accessing
DISPLAY=:0.

Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:31004'.

Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:31004' established.

Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.

===>Warning: Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_24'. Assuming agent
session.<===

Info: Using WAN link parameters 768/24/1/0.

Info: Using cache parameters 4/4096KB/8192KB/8192KB.

Info: Using pack method '16m-png-9' with session 'unix-kde-depth_24'.

Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.

Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 1/1.

Info: No suitable cache file found.

Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display ':0'.

Session: Session started at 'Sat Nov 29 16:07:50 2014'.

Info: Established X server connection.

Info: Using shared memory parameters 0/0K.

Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.

Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 4/4.

Info: No suitable cache file found.

Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display ':0'.

Session: Session started at 'Sat Nov 29 15:52:48 2014'.

Info: Established X server connection.

Info: Using shared memory parameters 0/0K.