Subject: generate man pages via help2man or asciidoc or ... (TBD)

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 05:10:49 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.0-preview
Severity: wishlist
Owner: [email-masked]

troff is a waste of time and impedes documentation by being obscure and
requiring real training at first. Rewrite man pages in plain text format and use
help2man or asciidoc or whatever generator to obtain man pages.

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 04:20:09 +0000

Hi Mihai,

> help2man or asciidoc or whatever generator to obtain man pages.

I agree on the awkwardness of man pages. However, this seems so  
low-prio, I am tempted to close this bug and tag it as "wontfix".  
(Personally, I maintain troff pages manually and am happy with it  
quite fine. Not much a greater pain than coding html manually, IMHO).

;-)
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 05:23:02 +0100

On November 27, 2014 5:20:09 AM CET, Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> wrote:
>However, this seems so  

That's why I set myself as bug owner. Don't worry about it.

Mihai