Subject: Bug#676: Nightly RPM transaction check failed on /etc/sudoers.d

From: Jasmin Lévesque <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 21:43:03 -0500

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.0-0.0x2go1.0.git20141116.1181.heuler.el7

Hi,

While trying to fix another issue (#675), I gave a go at the nightly
packages. I had a prior install of x2go 4.0.1.18-3. After installing the
x2go-nightly yum repo, a yum update gave me this error:

Transaction check error:
  file /etc/sudoers.d from install of
x2goserver-4.1.0.0-0.0x2go1.0.git20141116.1181.heuler.el7.centos.x86_64
conflicts with file from package sudo-1.8.6p7-11.el7.x86_64

When digging for the .spec file I found this:

http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=blob_plain;f=x2goserver.spec;hb=HEAD
Line 563: %dir %{_sysconfdir}/sudoers.d

This makes the RPM authoritative of that directory. In a update or removal,
it would delete this folder. Since it's owned rightfully by the already
installed sudo package, installation fails.

Line 564 should be enough to get your config file in place.

Best regards,

Jasmin Lévesque
Senior system analyst
Vlan! Technologie

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 13:17:54 +0000

Hi Jasmin

> Line 564 should be enough to get your config file in place.

I have dropped the %dir lines now and get this with our nightly builds  
(against openSUSE 12.3 / 13.1) from rpmlint:

"""
[  141s]  
x2goserver-4.1.0.0-0.0x2go1.0.git20141128.1197.heuler.x86_64.rpm:  
directories not owned by a package:
[  141s]  - /etc/logcheck
[  141s]  - /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.server
[  141s]  - /etc/sudoers.d
"""

This seems to be conflicting with each other, right? I guess I have to  
add some lines to x2goserver-rpmlintrc to render builds as working  
again...

Any input from your side?

Thanks,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb