Subject: GUI-based Applications stall when x2go session is suspended

From: Jerry Rabe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:12:23 -0600

Package: x2goserver
Version:  4.0.1.15-2.el7  x86_64

When an x2go session is suspended, any running GUI-based application
will stall as soon as it tries to update graphical information in the
GUI.  This was not the case with the old freenx server, and it is a
problem for large jobs that take a long time to run.  Not sure if this
is just a configuration/install problem.
What does NOT stall:
 - Text-based output from command line-based shell scripts.
 - GUI-based applications running in suspended x2go sessions as
Published Applications.
What DOES Stall:
 - GUI-based applications running in suspended x2go sessions (accessed
by X2GoClient) on a Linux Desktop (i,.e. MATE, XFCE)
 - GUI-based applications running in suspended NX sessions (accessed
by an NX3 client) on a Linux Desktop (i,.e. MATE, XFCE)

The steps taken to produce the bug:
 - Start a GUI-based Application (for testing, use the Linux System
Monitor, open the "Resources" tab)
 - Suspend the x2go session.
 - Some time later, resume the session.  The GUI now continues
running, but it had stalled while the session was suspended.

The client machine's OS: Windows 7 SP1
The client machine's version of X2GoClient: 4.0.3.0
The server's OS: Centos 7
The server's version of the x2goserver package: 4.0.1.18-1.el7  x86_64
The server's version of the x2goserver-xsession package: 4.0.1.18-1.el7 x86_64
The server's version of the nxagent package:3.5.0.27-1.el7 x86_64

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:47:57 +0000

Control: reassign -1 nxagent
Control: severity -1 important

HI Jerry,

> The server's version of the nxagent package:3.5.0.27-1.el7 x86_64

this is an issue that needs to be addressed soon.

Reassigning to nxagent package and raising severity...

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb