Subject: Bug#667: Wrong language in Windows 7 x64 SP1 client

From: Diego Costantini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 10:05:20 +0100

Package: x2go client
Version: 4.0.3.0

Installed the x2go client selecting English, but when I open it, it is
in German.

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 18:11:58 +0100

Am 07.11.2014 um 10:05 schrieb Diego Costantini:

> Installed the x2go client selecting English, but when I open it, it
> is in German.

The language selection is only for the language of the installer. X2Go
chooses the display language according to the system settings.
I assume you're running x2goclient on Windows, and that Windows is
either a German-Language one, or has German regional settings applied?

If so, I'm inclined to tag this notabug, wontfix, close. ;-)

- -Stefan

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 18:15:44 +0100

Additional info, pulled from an older message to x2go-user:

(English path) Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Region and
Language

(German path) Systemsteuerung\Zeit, Sprache und Region\Region und Sprache

That setting is what determines the UI language of x2goclient.exe.

- -Stefan

- --