Subject: Bug#66: ThinClient is not reconnecting after terminating the session

From: Raphael Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:14:00 +0100

Package: x2gothinclient
Version: 1.0.1.8-0~x2go1+squeeze~main~321~build

I have the X2Go Server running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 4 Thinclients
that are booting from PXE. All Clients have autologin enabled and most
of the time the login works without problems, but probably I have
found two issues.

1) After terminating the session with x2goterminate-session $session
on the server side, the client tries to restart infinitely the GUI but
nothing appears and the reconnect is not working. This is 100%
reproducible on my machines.

After some debugging I found that the x2gothinclientd process is
producing many defuncted sh processes and it seems that the problem is
located in the following lines of code:/usr/sbin/x2gothinclientd:
local *IN, *OUT, *ERR;
$x2goclient_pid = eval {
open3( \*IN, \*OUT, \*ERR, "su - x2goclient -c 'DISPLAY=:0 bash -c
\"/etc/x2go/x2gothinclient_start &\"'");
};

I changed this lines to:
qx(su - x2goclient -c \"export DISPLAY=:0; ./etc/x2go/x2gothinclient_start\");

After that the reconnect is working perfectly.

2) Sometimes this problem exists also on the first autologin. After I
have rebooted 4 Machines at the same time, then maybe on the 2-3 try I
have one machine with this problem. (Without changing the
x2gothinclientd).

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you!
Raphael