Subject: Fwd: Windows X2GoClient hangs when launching x2gostartagent

From: Kyle Cottongim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 17:04:16 -0500

Package: X2GoClient
Version: 4.0.3.0

When launching a session from within the X2GoClient, the process will hang
after the following call:

x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:3900> Executing remote command: "x2gostartagent
1440x900 adsl 16m-jpeg-9 unix-kde-depth_32 us pc105/us 1 D GNOME both"

This does not happen all the time, but generally happens after loss of
network connection or after logging out instead of just closing the
X2GoClient window. A complete restart of the client machine will solve the
issue.

Client Information:
Windows 7 SP 1
X2GoClient v4.0.3.0

Server Information:
$ uname -a
Linux oddjob 3.11.0-26-generic #45~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 04:02:35
UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ x2goversion
x2goagent: 3.5.0.27
x2goserver: 4.0.1.18
x2goserver-extensions: 4.0.1.16
x2goserver-xsession: 4.0.1.16

Debug Output:
x2go-INFO-1> "Starting x2goclient..."
x2go-WARNING-1> "Can't load translator: :/x2goclient_en_us"
x2go-WARNING-2> "Can't load translator: :/qt_en_US"
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9746> Getting Xorg settings.
x2go-INFO-3> "Started  x2goclient."
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:490> "$HOME=C:/Users/kecotton"
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:2104> Reading 2 sessions from config file.
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9488> Starting win servers...
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9824> "C:/Users/kecotton/.x2go/etc/sshd_config
created."
x2go-DExBU2G-goon-maDEBinUGwi-ndoown.cppma:9inwi25ndo7>w go.ct pploc:9257>
gotal lohocalhost
st
x2gx2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9279> Port is free: 6000
ox2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9345> using internal X: false
-x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9410> Running "C:/Program Files
(x86)/x2goclient/VcXsrv/vcxsrv.exe" "-keyhook -multiwindow -notrayicon
-clipboard :0"
DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9279> Port is free: 7022
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9880> Creating desktop: x2go_kecotton
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9257> got localhost
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9285> Port already used: 6000
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9439> X is started.
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9790> All winservers are started.
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:2104> Reading 2 sessions from config file.
Object::connect: No such slot SessionWidget::slot_emitSettings()
Object::connect: No such slot SessionWidget::slot_emitSettings()
Object::connect: No such signal SessionWidget::directRDP(bool)
Object::connect: No such signal
SessionWidget::settingsChanged(QString,QString,QString)
x2go-INFO-8> "Starting connection to server: oddjob:22"
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:2683> Start new ssh connection to
server:"oddjob":"22" krbLogin: false
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:2778> SSH connection established.
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:3038> Continue normal x2go session
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:3382> ""
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:3769> Fullscreen: false
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:3900> Executing remote command: "x2gostartagent
1440x900 adsl 16m-jpeg-9 unix-kde-depth_32 us pc105/us 1 D GNOME both"

Kyle

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:39:32 +0000

Hi Kyle,

> X2GoClient window. A complete restart of the client machine will solve the

Could you cross-check the debug output of X2Go Server, possibly add  
some more log message to /usr/bin/x2gostartagent, so that we can  
narrow down, where the "hang" actually occurs?

Does x2gostartagent get executed at all, or is X2Go Client aready  
stalling before executing that command.

Or is x2gostartagent hanging somewhere on the way? (Extra log messages  
placed in x2gostartagent will be helpful then).

Regards,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:20:38 +0000

Control: reassign -1 x2goclient
Control: found -1 4.0.3.0

On  Mi 29 Okt 2014 10:39:32 CET, Mike Gabriel wrote:

> Or is x2gostartagent hanging somewhere on the way? (Extra log  
> messages placed in x2gostartagent will be helpful then).
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Reassging this bug to package "x2goclient" (not X2GoClient).

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Kyle Cottongim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 08:30:54 -0500

Hello Mike,

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 4:39 AM, Mike Gabriel <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Could you cross-check the debug output of X2Go Server, possibly add some
> more log message to /usr/bin/x2gostartagent, so that we can narrow down,
> where the "hang" actually occurs?
>
> Does x2gostartagent get executed at all, or is X2Go Client aready stalling
> before executing that command.
>

​During this launch attempt, it seems the client is getting a bit further
along than before, but still not to the point of launching something​. Here
is how far things are getting now:

x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:2778> SSH connection established.
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:3038> Continue normal x2go session
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:3382> ""
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:3769> Fullscreen: false
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9257> got localhost
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9279> Port is free: 6000
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9345> using internal X: true
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9368> WxH:"1440"x"900"
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9373> "-multiwindow -notrayicon -clipboard"
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9410> Running "C:/Program Files
(x86)/x2goclient\vcxsrv\vcxsrv.exe" "-multiwindow -notrayicon -clipboard :0"
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:3900> Executing remote command: "x2gostartagent
1440x900 adsl 16m-jpeg-9 unix-kde-depth_32 us pc105/us 1 D GNOME both"
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9257> got localhost
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9285> Port already used: 6000
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9439> X is started.
x2go-DEBUG-onmainwindow.cpp:9790> All winservers are started.

With some debug within the x2gostartagent I can tell that it is executing
this script and now seems to be getting past this point. I have turned the
logging level of the server to debug and here is the output I am seeing
during a connection attempt:

Oct 29 08:02:33 oddjob /usr/bin/x2golistsessions[12799]: x2golistsessions
has been called with no option
Oct 29 08:02:34 oddjob /usr/bin/x2gostartagent: x2gostartagent called with
options: 1440x900 adsl 16m-jpeg-9 unix-kde-depth_32 us pc105/us 1 D GNOME
both
Oct 29 08:02:34 oddjob /usr/bin/x2gostartagent: client announced itself as
,,131.199.103.76''
Oct 29 08:02:34 oddjob /usr/bin/x2gosessionlimit[12835]: x2gosessionlimit
has been called
Oct 29 08:02:34 oddjob /usr/bin/x2golistsessions[12838]: x2golistsessions
has been called with options: --all-servers

I added some more debug messages to x2golistsessions and am seeing that
this script seems to finish execution (I reach deubg statements just before
closing syslog).

Another note is that even after restart of the client and server PCs, this
is not working. Also, If I keep my client open for a long time after it
"hangs", it will sometimes eventually bring up the remote session. The time
it takes for it to do this is on the order of magnitude of many hours.

Thanks,
Kyle

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:17:06 +0000

Hi Kyle,

> Oct 29 08:02:34 oddjob /usr/bin/x2gostartagent: client announced itself as

Can you provide the output of

   x2golistsessions --all-servers

while X2Go Client is trying to launch the session?

Make sure to obfuscate non-public data from listsession's output  
(username, host IPs, etc.).

Also, please tell me your X2Go Server version.

   $ x2goversion

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Kyle Cottongim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:36:41 -0500

Mike,

> Also, please tell me your X2Go Server version.
​The output of "
x2golistsessions --all-servers
​" is nothing ... there are no lines printed from this command.​
​

​The output of "x2goversion" is as follows:
$ x2goversion
x2goagent: 3.5.0.27
x2goserver: 4.0.1.18
x2goserver-extensions: 4.0.1.16
x2goserver-xsession: 4.0.1.16

Kyle​

---

From: Kyle Cottongim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 15:25:05 -0500

Mike,

> x2goserver-xsession: 4.0.1.16
​One more data point ...​ it seems that on PCs with a slightly older
version of the server are working w/o problem. Here is the version
information for a working PC:

$ x2goversion
x2goagent: 3.5.0.24
x2goserver: 4.0.1.15
x2goserver-extensions: 4.0.1.15
x2goserver-xsession: 4.0.1.15

Kyle

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 02:08:24 +0100

Control: tag -1 moreinfo

Is this still a problem with newer client and server versions?

Some time ago, I fixed a bug that sounds very similar to your problem - a perl
script (x2gosessionlimit) was iterating through all groups. In case of network
authentication and shared credentials for a full site (e.g., company), this lead
to abysmal delays.

I am hopeful that this also fixed the issue described here.

Mihai