Subject: Bug#653: java application incorrect splash screen rendering

From: Marco Bastianello <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 18:03:37 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.3.0

Launching an eclipse-rcp application the splash screen is rendered as a gray square.
The problem occurs when using the x2go "single application" session tye, it does not happen on full desktop

client: windows, linux, osx
server: fedora 20 3.15.10-201.fc20.ppc64p7 xfce

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:44:21 +0000

Hi Marco,

> server: fedora 20 3.15.10-201.fc20.ppc64p7 xfce

Thanks for reporting all those issues you encounter with your  
business's Java application.

To get them fixed, be prepared for our request to get access to an  
instance of that Java application.

In general, we have observed several irregularities in NX that occur  
with NX in rootless mode, but don't occur in desktop mode.

Also some rendering and redrawing of windows can be extremely sluggish  
(depending on the underlying (X11) widget rendering engine).

Information at others: those bugs files by Marco will probably be  
addressed by some sort of a development agreement between some of the  
X2Go devs and Marco's company. Those of you who heard rumours about a  
cooperation between X2Go and IBM and X2Go on PowerPC... Fixes for  
these bugs will be dealt with in that context.

Greetings to all,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb