Subject: Bug#653: X2go and jetbrains java applications

From: Александр Демидов <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 00:38:40 +0300

Similar bug http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=653 [1]
Bug report with Intellij IDEA:
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=645 [2] 

Problem is exists. If you started jetbrains bussines applications - your
x2go session is unstable. 

Description of problem (from me) on russian:
https://debian.pro/1618#comment-29822 [3] 

May be similar bugs: 

http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=291 [4] 

http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=655 [5] 

Mike Gabriel says: 

> In general, we have observed several irregularities in NX that occur 
> with NX in rootless mode, but don't occur in desktop mode.

What is rootless mode and can i toggle my x2gosession to desktop mode? 

In bug report of problem x2go with eclipse
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=291 [4]
Description solution for normally using eclipse: 

> So, is there a way to disable xrender extension ? (IIRC there was an
> option like that in NX Client) or any other workaround ?

And... 

> I've found a workaround, just add the following line in eclipse.ini :
> 
> -Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.cairoGraphics=false

But in phpstorm.vmoptions not exists parameters "cairoGraphics"
(phpstorm unable to recognition that parameter for eclipse) 

Please. Help with solve that bug in x2go. Save my time of life (I five
months search another solutions for use phpstorm or intellij idea IDE in
remote x11-sessions. But not luck) 

Links:
------
[1] http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=653
[2] http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=645
[3] https://debian.pro/1618#comment-29822
[4] http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=291
[5] http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=655

---

From: Александр Демидов <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 14:02:41 +0300

Some all problems source from that error:
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-124756 [1] 

Today i get error from my java app PhpStorm: 

[ 505746] ERROR - llij.ide.plugins.PluginManager -
sun.awt.image.BufImgSurfaceData cannot be cast to
sun.java2d.xr.XRSurfaceData 
java.lang.ClassCastException: sun.awt.image.BufImgSurfaceData cannot be
cast to sun.java2d.xr.XRSurfaceData
 at
sun.java2d.xr.XRPMBlitLoops.cacheToTmpSurface(XRPMBlitLoops.java:145)
 at sun.java2d.xr.XrSwToPMBlit.Blit(XRPMBlitLoops.java:353)
 at sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.blitSurfaceData(DrawImage.java:967)
 at sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.renderImageCopy(DrawImage.java:585)
 at sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.copyImage(DrawImage.java:67)
 at sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.copyImage(DrawImage.java:1022)
 at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawImage(SunGraphics2D.java:3318)
 at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawImage(SunGraphics2D.java:3296)
 at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKEngine.finishPainting(GTKEngine.java:606)
 at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKEngine.finishPainting(GTKEngine.java:580)
 at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKPainter.paintIcon(GTKPainter.java:1266)
 at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKIconFactory$DelegatingIcon.paintIcon(GTKIconFactory.java:169)
 at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKIconFactory$SynthExpanderIcon.paintIcon(GTKIconFactory.java:242)
 at sun.swing.plaf.synth.SynthIcon.paintIcon(SynthIcon.java:64)
 at
javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthTreeUI$ExpandedIconWrapper.paintIcon(SynthTreeUI.java:791)
 ...

Links:
------
[1] https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-124756

---

From: Александр Демидов <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 15:58:25 +0300

Bug in openjdk platform 

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7172749 [1] 

Links:
------
[1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7172749

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 21:57:21 +0100

On 03.02.2015 01:58 PM, Александр Демидов wrote:
>
> Bug in openjdk platform
>
> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7172749
>

Bug #653 is so far specific to IBM's SDK and was not reproducible on
other systems. It also only affects the splashscreen of the very special
Eclipse-based application.

I don't think 653 is related to your problem but you rather see
something else.

Additionally, if your problem is really an error in OpenJDK, there's
nothing we can do about that.

Mihai

---

From: Александр Демидов <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 23:13:01 +0300

And what its 

Session: Session started at 'Tue Feb 10 23:07:35 2015'. 

Info: Established X server connection. 

Info: Using shared memory parameters 0/0K. 

Error: Unexpected stage 1 in handling shared memory support for FD#6. 

Session: Terminating session at 'Tue Feb 10 23:08:23 2015'. 

Session: Session terminated at 'Tue Feb 10 23:08:23 2015'. 

"Error: Unexpected stage 1 in handling shared memory support for FD#6."
- Every two-five minutes x2go session crash (if i use phpstorm). Gray
blocks some time clear out (some time i need restart java application
for clearing gray blocks), but why x2go session automatic closed every
2-5 minutes? Why x2go session is unstable? How to debug and get more
info about this connection problem?