Subject: Bug#651: x2goclient segfault on update to 4.0.3 on ubuntu 14.04

From: Rob Izzard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:15:18 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.3

hi x2go developers,

I have x2goclient 4.0.3 (latest updates) on an Kubuntu 14.04 client,
connecting to a server running x2goserver 4.0.1.16 on Ubuntu 12.10.

Everything worked fine two days ago...  but after the recent update
from 4.0.2.1 to 4.0.3 on my client, x2goclient crashes with the
following (--debug) message just after connecting to the server:

x2go-INFO-1> "Starting x2goclient..."
x2go-WARNING-1> "Can't load translator: :/x2goclient_en_gb"
x2go-WARNING-2> "Can't load translator: :/qt_en_GB"
x2go-INFO-3> "Started  x2goclient."
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:490> "$HOME=/home/izzard"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2104> Reading 1 sessions from config file.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2649> Starting session via smartcard,
ssh-agent or kerberos token.
x2go-INFO-8> "Starting connection to server: aibn36.astro.uni-bonn.de:22"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2683> Start new ssh connection to
server:"aibn36.astro.uni-bonn.de":"22" krbLogin: false
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2778> SSH connection established.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:3038> Continue normal x2go session
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:3382>
"DBD::SQLite::dbpreparefailed:nosuchcolumn:tekictrl_portat/usr/share/perl5/X2Go/Server/DB/SQLite3.pmline551.
"
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I tried to fix this by removing my .x2goclient directory and manually
re-entering the server details but this failed.

I have fixed this by copying the binary x2goclient 4.0.2.1 (from
/usr/local/bin on the server) to my home directory (~/bin on the
client) and now I am running this instead with no problems. The
"SQLite" error line is no longer reported.

Something is crocked in the new 4.0.3! :)

cheers
rob