Subject: Bug#651: [X2Go-Dev] x2goclient segfault on update to 4.0.3 on ubuntu 14.04

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 20:17:58 +0100

* On 11/15/2017 09:29 AM, Rob Izzard wrote:
> wow, this was a long time ago :)

Yeah, I went through some old bug reports. Sometimes they are still valid but
require more input, other times they either look like duplicates or like reports
that were fixed meanwhile - but never marked as such.

And of course people stop using the software or using special-purpose mail
addresses that won't be checked again, so getting a response is difficult at times.

> I haven't had a crash, freeze or lost a desktop for a while (6
> months?). That's not to say it won't happen again :) but it's been
> going well lately, thanks to the great effort by you guys.

Yeah, but that's probably a side effect of connecting to another machine, or
updating it, or plainly reinstalling it.

As far as I can tell, this bug report is still valid. X2Go Client doesn't handle
server-side errors as well as it could.

A way to reproduce this would be great, but I guess I could just make it fail
and test manually.

What probably happened in your case is that you updated a release version of
x2goserver to the nightly version - but the database schema upgrade didn't work
correctly for some reason.

Mihai