Subject: Bug#651: x2goclient segfault on update to 4.0.3 on ubuntu 14.04

From: Rob Izzard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:15:18 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.3

hi x2go developers,

I have x2goclient 4.0.3 (latest updates) on an Kubuntu 14.04 client,
connecting to a server running x2goserver 4.0.1.16 on Ubuntu 12.10.

Everything worked fine two days ago...  but after the recent update
from 4.0.2.1 to 4.0.3 on my client, x2goclient crashes with the
following (--debug) message just after connecting to the server:

x2go-INFO-1> "Starting x2goclient..."
x2go-WARNING-1> "Can't load translator: :/x2goclient_en_gb"
x2go-WARNING-2> "Can't load translator: :/qt_en_GB"
x2go-INFO-3> "Started  x2goclient."
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:490> "$HOME=/home/izzard"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2104> Reading 1 sessions from config file.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2649> Starting session via smartcard,
ssh-agent or kerberos token.
x2go-INFO-8> "Starting connection to server: aibn36.astro.uni-bonn.de:22"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2683> Start new ssh connection to
server:"aibn36.astro.uni-bonn.de":"22" krbLogin: false
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2778> SSH connection established.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:3038> Continue normal x2go session
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:3382>
"DBD::SQLite::dbpreparefailed:nosuchcolumn:tekictrl_portat/usr/share/perl5/X2Go/Server/DB/SQLite3.pmline551.
"
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I tried to fix this by removing my .x2goclient directory and manually
re-entering the server details but this failed.

I have fixed this by copying the binary x2goclient 4.0.2.1 (from
/usr/local/bin on the server) to my home directory (~/bin on the
client) and now I am running this instead with no problems. The
"SQLite" error line is no longer reported.

Something is crocked in the new 4.0.3! :)

cheers
rob

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 01:56:04 +0100

Control -1 moreinfo

> Something is crocked in the new 4.0.3! :)

As far as I can tell, your server-side database might be hosed.

On the other hand, we probably aren't handling such errors too well in X2Go Client.

Can you still reproduce it with newer X2Go Client versions?

Mihai

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 20:17:58 +0100

* On 11/15/2017 09:29 AM, Rob Izzard wrote:
> wow, this was a long time ago :)

Yeah, I went through some old bug reports. Sometimes they are still valid but
require more input, other times they either look like duplicates or like reports
that were fixed meanwhile - but never marked as such.

And of course people stop using the software or using special-purpose mail
addresses that won't be checked again, so getting a response is difficult at times.

> I haven't had a crash, freeze or lost a desktop for a while (6
> months?). That's not to say it won't happen again :) but it's been
> going well lately, thanks to the great effort by you guys.

Yeah, but that's probably a side effect of connecting to another machine, or
updating it, or plainly reinstalling it.

As far as I can tell, this bug report is still valid. X2Go Client doesn't handle
server-side errors as well as it could.

A way to reproduce this would be great, but I guess I could just make it fail
and test manually.

What probably happened in your case is that you updated a release version of
x2goserver to the nightly version - but the database schema upgrade didn't work
correctly for some reason.

Mihai

---

From: yusuf osman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 16:47:10 +0300

Good day dear,

I have been waiting for your response, kindly check your inbox and get
back to me, I really need your responds as soon as possible, I look
forward to hear from you soon. Thanks

Yours Sincerely
Yusuf.