Subject: Connection is lost when using java programs

From: Johannes Boesl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 16:00:32 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.1-1ubuntu1

When I start IntelliJ IDEA via X2Go serveral problems occure. Often I 
just get:
X2Go - 52
The connection with the remote server was shut down.
Please check the state of your network connection.

Note that my network connection is just fine. Everything else keeps 
working. Using ssh with X11Forwarding that problem does not occur. I can 
restore the session afterwards till the next interrupt happens. 
Sometimes the application is in an state where the connection instantly 
shuts down when I try to reestablish it. It isn't possible to continue 
then and I have to kill the application in order to reconnect with x2go.
The other time X2Go just stops responding. I can't close my application 
nor do anyhting with it. I need to kill X2Goclient then and hope I can 
restore the session.
And then again sometimes when I restore a session all text is scrambled 
in the text editor. I need to stop the application then and restart it.

The described above happens regularly when using java applications. I'm 
using oracle java. Server is ubuntu 14.04 with stable X2Goserver 
4.0.1.18. Desktop is xfce. It happens running applcation directly and 
when I start java apps on the desktop. I tried it with the current 
version, too and after having troubles I switched to stable version.
/var/log/syslog and /var/log/cups/error_log doesn't contain anything 
suspicous.