Subject: Re: nx-libs improvements

From: André Wöbbeking <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 17:08:19 +0100

Hi Michael,

On Wednesday 04 March 2015 08:41:20 Michael DePaulo wrote:
> Hi Andre.
> 
> I know it's been a while since you replied to this bug.
> 
> However, the X2Go project and the Arctica Project have started doing
> major code cleanups to nx-libs on the new 3.6.x branch. Many of those
> code cleanups are big because they involve making nx-libs using the
> system version of X11-related libraries rather than nx-libs bundling
> its own (horribly outdated) version of those libraries. Those changes
> will improve compatibility with some X11 apps, but not Qt5 apps.
> 
> After those code cleanups are complete, we will look into either
> rebasing nx-libs against the latest X.org, or backporting features
> such as newer RandR and XInput2 to nx-libs. In either case, Qt5 apps
> will become compatible.

That's great!

> There is no ETA though.

Well, with Qt 5.4 plain X11 apps don't crash anymore :-) (but I still get this 
warning "QXcbConnection: Failed to get the primary output of the screen").

And QtCreator works for me with "-noload Welcome" (AFAIK this disables a QML 
plugin using OpenGL).

Cheers,
André